If you’ve been considering a day at the spa near me, now is a great time to do so. Day spas can be a great way to unwind and treat your body to some pampering. You can try a skincare program that will help improve the quality of your skin in a way that you can’t do at home. Or you can indulge in a day spa massage therapy session, letting the massage therapist soothe your skin and mind. Spa treatments are great for your physical and mental health, so they are worth paying for.
If you’re looking for a day spa near me, consider all of the available options. You might request a day at the spa gift if someone’s asking what to get you for your birthday. Then you can try something new without worrying about the price. Consider the types of treatments that would benefit your overall wellness, then try them out in a few different places. You’ll feel much better once you make trips to a day spa part of your regular routine.
In 2016, greater interest in health and wellness resulted in 179 million American day resort spa visits. A study done in the spring of 2017 found that more than 17 million Americans had gone to a day spa within the last 12 months. Spa packages can be a great idea to de-stress, and since 43% of all adults are suffering some kind of health effect from all the stress in their lives, booking some spa treatments is probably a good idea for nearly all of us. If you’re still on the fence about it, though, here are seven great reasons to spend some time at a day resort soon.
- Everything about it designed to make you relax. It’s not just the treatments that make you feel relaxes and refreshed. It’s also the day resort lighting, the music, and smells, the ambiance, and even the demeanor of the massage staff. It’s an oasis of quiet and relaxation in a world of traffic jams, screaming children, loud advertisements, beeping phones, bright lights, and the smells of office and street.
- You’ll have a chance to disconnect. One of the biggest contributors to daily stress is always being connected. Whether it’s that joint work project we’re all popping on to edit, constant Facebook notifications, email bongs, text pings, or even the old-fashioned phone call, we’re connected 24/7 with our Wifi and our mobile data. Most day resort spas are no-go zones for technology, so let someone tell you to shut it down for once. It can almost certainly wait.
- Massage is really good for your body. The American Massage Therapy Association reports that 72% of people getting a message is medical or stress-related. Massage stimulates the body’s circulation, which can help to lower blood pressure. It also helps take away the aches and pains, whether those are from sports, arthritis, or just a long day. Massage also releases serotonin in the body, which helps you sleep properly and feel your best mentally and emotionally.
- A day resort booking can help you connect with important people in your life. Whether it’s the friends you love but rarely see, your significant other, or the mother-in-law you’re still struggling to get to know, spending a day at the spa can be a unique bonding experience.
- The day resort experience is wonderful for boosting your body image. There aren’t many places where you can be nearly naked without feeling self-conscious. The day spa is one of them. It might be hard at first, but no one’s paying any attention to your body or anyone else’s in a critical way, which will start filling you with body confidence.
Spa treatments are your best bet for releasing stress, relieving pain, bonding with others, or just getting away from the stressful world for a few hours. You deserve a day off: why not book on at your nearest day resort spa this week!