All people on the planet, unless they have a medical condition, sweat. The typical person has between two and four million sweat glands. They serve as the cooling system for the body and are there to keep people from overheating. There are about eight million people who suffer from a condition called hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating. People with this condition will sweat anywhere from four to five times the amount of someone with normally functioning sweat glands. The most common cause of this is focal hyperhidrosis, which impacts between 1 and 3% of the total population. The good news is that there are ways to stop hyperhidrosis.
Home Remedies to Stop Hyperhidrosis:
- Consume vinegar. Take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with two teaspoons of natural vinegar. You should consume this at least three times a day. Always take this solution when your stomach is totally empty. You need to do this at least one hour before or after you eat a meal.
- Drink tomato juice. Drink a full glass of fresh tomato juice at least once a day. This is a great way to help with excessive sweating. Take care to make sure you are drinking fresh tomato juice, not something like V8. That has a lot of salt in it.
- Drink sage tea. People have found that sage tea is a great way to stop hyperhidrosis at home. The way you make this is you boil some water, add your sage and let it all cool. The tea will be packed with magnesium and vitamin B. Both of these compounds can reduce the activity of the sweat glands which is why is it is used for treating hyerhidrosis. If you drink it every day, it can help. If your problem is excessive armpit sweating, this had help a lot. Another variation of this is to use green tea, which can also be very effective when you want to stop excessive body sweating.
- Use a potato. One of the best ways to stop hyperhidrosis is to use a potato. This is also one of the most simple of the home remedies. Take a plain potato and slice is up. Take the slices and run them over the areas where you have trouble with excessive sweating.
- Try some witch hazel. This has a great number of uses around the home. Witch hazel is a fantastic astringent and natural antiperspirant. Put some of the witch hazel on a cotton ball or pad and rub that over the problem areas. This should dry them out. You can also make a tea out of the witch hazel.
- Mix camphor and coconut oil. If you do not have coconut oil in your home, you should get some. There are hundreds of things you can do with this versatile oil. If you want to stop hyperhidrosis, you can mix about 10 grams of camphor with a bowl of coconut oil. Take this mixture and add it to your problem areas.
- Use baking soda and cornstarch. One way for treating hyperhidrosis is to use a mixture of baking soda and cornstarch. Clean the area, dry it and then apply a powder of the baking soda and cornstarch to the region. Leave this on your skin for at least 30 minutes. Wash and dry the area. If you want, you can add lavender or any other nice smelling essential oil to the powder before you apply it. This is best for underarm sweating issues.
- Get some tea tree oil. This is another oil that can be used for a hundred of things around your home. If you take some tea tree oil and apply just a little to the areas where you have problems with excessive sweating. It has some natural astringents. You will have to repeat the process at least once a day for a few days to get the desired effect.
- Use lime juice and salt. Take a tablespoon of salt in the palm of your and add several drops of lime juice. Massage it into the areas where you have a problem. This mixture will decrease the activity of your sweat glands and can be used to stop hyperhidrosis.
If these remedies do not give you the results you want, you should talk to your doctor.