Getting a good night’s sleep is increasingly important when it comes to being able to put in a long day at work or a productive work day in the field. If sleep apnea is keeping you or your partner awake at night, you are likely not getting the rest that you need to be productive and to stay healthy. Finding the right combination of CPAP machine supplies, however, can help you get the rest you need, and help prevent future health problems that are often associated with not getting enough sleep.
Unfortunately, undiagnosed sleep apnea is a condition that affects as many as 2% to 4% of all Americans. This means that as many as one of every 50 individuals is suffering from this dangerous condition and does not even know it. Getting a diagnosis and finding the sleep apnea solutions that work for you is the first step that many Americans can take to start waking up more rested in the morning and feeling healthier all day long.
CPAP machine supplies are available online and this option is very efficient once a patient decides between the wide selection of CPAP masks work best for them. Consider some of these statistics about the challenging diagnosis of sleep apnea:
- 18 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea.
- If you have an untreated case of sleep apnea you are face a risk of stroke that is four times as likely as those who are not afflicted with sleep apnea.
- Heart disease is also three times more likely among those who have untreated cases of sleep apnea.
- A sufferer of obstructive sleep apnea may experience 60 apneas an hour during an average night?s sleep.
- Heated humidification for CPAP machines are five times more likely to be required for patients over 60 years of age.
- As many as 38,000 deaths occur on an annual basis that are related to cardiovascular problems that in one way or another are connected to sleep apnea, according to the National Commission on Sleep Disorders Research.
How are you feeling this morning? When was the time you got the kind of rest you need to stay healthy and productive. Sleep apnea treatments may help you rest better and lead a more productive and healthy life.