Today fad diets are a dime a dozen, and they all claim the same thing, ‘lose weight fast and keep it off!’ However, this is far from the truth, and should be taken with a grain of salt. The truth is that there is no one size fits all diet that will work for everyone, and in order to lose weight effectively, you need to invest in a custom weight loss program.
Custom Weight Loss Programs
Custom weight loss programs are designed with you unique body in mind. These programs allow you to work with a doctor to find the right balance that will allow you to reach your goal weight in a healthy manner. A couple of the biggest benefits include:
- A Personalized Assessment and Plan. Medically supervised weight loss programs have you working alongside a medical professional to assess your current condition, and use it to create a plan that will work best for you. This takes into account how you eat, what you like to eat, your current activity level, and any medical conditions that can impact the process. One reason many people have trouble sticking to a diet is that it forces them to cut out their favorite foods, but by working with a professional you can work what you love to eat into a healthy plan that works for you.
- Exercising Right. There are just some exercises that you might not be able to do right off that bat, and that is okay! But, trying to push yourself too hard at the start can lead, not only to you quitting, but it can lead to injury. Your doctor will be able to instruct you on exercises that you can do to start off, which can then be tweaked as you build endurance and lose more weight. Everyone is different and no two people will start out the same. By focusing on what you can reasonably do, you can build a foundation that can be expanded upon for years to come.
- Medical Backing. One of the best things about medically supervised weight loss programs is that you don’t have to do any guesswork that could potentially harm your health. Before you begin anything the doctor will do a complete workup that will show any underlying conditions, or potential conditions that could arise, so that you get a plan that is best suited for keeping you healthy. As the program goes on, it can then be tweaked as needed so that you can maintain your weight without sacrificing your health.
- Healthy Habits. Eating right is something that takes time, and diets that force you to change overnight are impractical and difficult to commit to. The key to beginning to form healthy habits is the right instruction, the right support, and gradual changes. Starting off small and gradually adding new stipulations every week, or every other week, can help you cut back gradually, without harming your body. This also makes it easier to commit to your new healthy lifestyle.
- Healthy Results. Finally, the most important benefit medically supervised weight loss programs provide is healthy result that you can both see and feel. You will have more energy, your mood can improve, and you can begin doing the things that you’ve always wanted to do. Best of all the results will be achieved in a healthy manner that won’t negatively impact you in the future. Additionally, because these weight loss programs are personalized, once you reach your desired weight you can tweak the plan to help you maintain it for years and years to come!